A standing seam metal roof is made up of vertical panels with two seams per panel that stand up vertically. The repeating form offers appealing shadow lines than run from ridge to eave, accentuating the pitch and plane of multiple roof angles. Standing seam roofs are popular in Colorado mountain environment for a whole host of reasons, here are some of the main advantages they offer:
- Durability – Standing seam metal roofs can last over thirty years and can withstand hail better than most materials.
- Low Maintenance – Because the smooth metal surface sheds snow and ice more easily, they are typically less prone to ice dams on steeper pitched roofs.
- Fire Resistance – Metal offers improved fire resistance compared to wood, asphalt or fiberglass shingles.
- Wind Resistance – When properly installed, a standing seam roof can withstand winds over 120 miles per hour.
- Reduced Heat Absorption – Metal reflects the sun’s rays, reducing heat transfer to the structure and lowering cooling costs.
- Style – Standing seam roofs are available in a wide array of colors and finishes to compliment the look of any home or building.
Have questions about standing seam roofing? Call The Roofing Company. We’re Colorado’s mountain roofing experts.